Thursday 13 December 2018

Irregular.

Last Monday morning I went to have my haircut and noticed at the local Village on my way to Alford the petrol price was down to £117.9p. per litre. This is as cheap it has been in ages, anyway I decided to fill up. According to the hairdresser she has 3 filling stations so has a larger pulling power.
 Later that day I had to go to the Opticians and she told me there was no need to keep putting drops in my eye. It was normal practice to only put drops in for 1 month. She also told me that they had made a good job of my eye and although I no longer needed glasses for distance I would need them for reading. I also told her I needed them for computer work so she told me she would get glasses that for reading I would read the print a little further away and for computer work I would get a little closer. Yesterday I had confirmation that the spectacles were ready but I will go and pick them up on Friday as I have a Surgery appointment that morning.
 Yesterday I had to ring up for more LPG but when I rung there was a recorded message informing me that the price had gone up £3 a 47kg. bottle. This morning they delivered the 2 bottles. I also noticed that Calor had taken away the 2 bottles that had been at the front of my drive, I got the men when they delivered about a month ago. Anyway I rung up Calor and told them that the remaining empty 2 bottles were ready to be picked up.
 This morning I have been baking about 42 mince pies mainly to give away. I bought the mincemeat from Lidl adding some brandy but without any additions the mincemeat is good value for money.
 I roughly cleaned the car, the first time in ages and noticed that some unkind soul had managed to put a small mark on my car. As it is metallic paint I don't know how I can make it invisible. This is why for the last many years I have had a solid paint car. However at my time of life it is not worth worrying about it.
 I have bought the lad from next door a game that he wants but I have made the parcel so that he has no idea as to what is in it. I have also bought his companion who is much more affected by learning difficulties a couple of presents, I have put on it from Santa so the two will have pleasure opening them on Christmas Day.
 From now I will only post occasionally as I am running out of ideas. I have done well over 1000 posts far more than I had expected to do. More occasionally.

1 comment:

  1. I still really enjoy your blog, and even though I understand your wanting to post a little less please remember that you are a happy moment in my week. All the best to you this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete