Monday 18 June 2018

B.G.

The end of May I received a letter from British Gas with an urgent printed on the front for my attention. I opened it and it informed me that I was due for a service on my Central Heating Boiler and timer. As I had this done in early October last year i did not immediately give it much attention. However about 2 weeks later I read the letter once more and found that I could go Online and book an appointment to suit me which I thought was good. Naturally they gave me security numbers and told me where to book Online. Naturally it was not that easy. Anyone who has used any system with security will know just how difficult it is to do. I did eventually find the right page and after a couple of times they accepted my security number and I clicked on to choose a time and date.
 To my amazement I was given 2 dates the first was an AM. appointment in early August and the second was the following day at a PM. appointment the early appointment is for between 8.oo.am. and Noon. which I did accept the other was from Noon to 5.00pm.
 As I have several Surgery appointments, a Hospital appointment which I expect within the next month it is far from certain that I will be able to keep that appointment, I hope so.
 I am getting sufficient strawberries out of the garden now to keep the lad happy. I will only have the odd strawberry for firstly if I eat too many it starts my Colitis off and secondly the small seeds get under my denture plate. To be honest it doesn't bother me much not eating them. I don't think I will even make any strawberry jam as the seeds in the jam are like a brick in my mouth.
 Just had a phone call from my Best Pal he will call on me later today, on Saturday I managed to catch my mate in and hopefully he will be visiting me next week, it will be nice to see him.
 I asked him about his cauliflowers that I gave him months ago, he let me know that he will be eating one over the week end and is happy although they make huge leaves. This is the norm for growing anything under glass or the polytunnel. My broad beans have produced enough for about 6 meals so I can't grumble. They are The Sutton broad beans, they are supposed to be dwarf so that in windy conditions that thrive, some of mine in the polytunnel are well over 5' tall. My runner beans in the polytunnel are producing plenty of flowers but I noticed that the greenfly had attacked them. After spraying them I have noticed that the odd flower had set, so keeping my fingers crossed I will have a taste of runner beans towards the end of the month. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment