Wednesday 13 June 2018

Opticians



The photos I have taken a few days ago show the potatoes in my polytunnel are more than ready it also shows just how large the plants grow. The cauliflowers are massive, the leaves grow very large but do not have many small leaves on them. The cauliflower on the plate is the same one that I took a photo when it was in the ground. Whether I have any left for when my mate calls is a guess.
 This morning I went to the Opticians in Mablethorpe, I was surprised because each time I passed the place I could see nobody inside. I must admit that I don't go by often, however this morning I went in and there was a guy being served and I waited to be booked in. Whilst I was waiting a lady came out of the examining room followed by the Optician. After she had seen to the patient she asked if I was the one who was waiting, I did concur stating that although I had been there for 10 minutes I had not been booked in so she booked me in and led me to the examining room.
 She gave me a good exam and when she finished she let me know that I had cataracts, I informed her that I already knew and I had them confirmed several years ago. She told me that my right eye was worse than my left eye, something that I knew but at least she told me so. After the thorough examination she then told me that she wished me to return making another appointment for she could not see the back of the eye because of the cataracts, she also added that she could improve my sight but it would be a fraction and suggested that I do not change my spectacles for I would notice no difference. She ten told me that if I wished she would contact the place where the decision to have a cataract operation is performed because she thought my right eye was sufficiently ripe for surgery.
 The outcome is that I have an appointment for next Wednesday for a retinopathy examination, this is where they dilute your eyes and take photographs of them. I did mention that I had this done annually for my Diabetes but she wished to see for herself. Anyway she has done something that I have not done, firstly suggesting that I do NOT spend any money on new spectacles and secondly will after the next appointment write to the powers to be about my cataracts. She did admit that my eyes were good enough to continue driving for now. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment