Wednesday 15 August 2018

Text message

I had a phone call from my youngest Sister's Husband. He asked me if I had received a text message. I told him I had not checked so he informed me that my eldest Sister's Husband had just died. He also told me that his body was accepted and would go to research so I assume there will be no funeral.
 I will await my youngest Sister's email to inform me as to what will happen. I presume there will be a Memorial Service at some time.
 My Brother-in-Law did happen to talk about his garden and the produce or the lack of produce. I concurred with him and we left it at that. I did turn on my mobile and sure enough there was a text message. I very rarely turn on my mobile for I have difficulty writing messages because of my sight.
 As for me and my garden, I have had a very poor harvest of potatoes, they are plentiful but so small with the lack of rain. Those in the polytunnel were acceptable but those in tubs and sacks have been disappointing. My runner beans too have been poor producing hardly enough for me to have a couple of meals a day. Also with the heat my climbing french beans have more or less ided off. I did sow some broad beans for a late harvest but they too failed. I do have plenty of fruit although the apples are rather small compared to previous years but it looks as if I will have more than enough plums.
 It is still muggy and hot here but we are promised near normal temperatures from tomorrow.
 The lad from next door told me last week he was going to College last Friday so I saw him on Saturday and asked him how he had got on. His reply was that he had not done well so I asked him what was wrong. I think he was given a times table starting with a 5 times. I told him that this was easy and let him know that if it started with an odd number such as 3x5 or 5x5 then the figure would end with a 5 but if it started with a 2,4,6,or 8 then the answer would end in a 0. We will see how he gets on this Friday. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment