Friday 24 August 2018

Karcher.

Last year in February I purchased a Karcher Pressure Washer. I used it and let the lad from next door play with it also and to be honest it was great.
 With the dry Summer we have had I had not used it at all  this year but with the recent rain I decided yesterday to go and water my polytunnel as it was like a desert. I plugged it in and fitted the hose turned on and started. I must admit that it had a peculiar smell but put that down to water but after using it for much less than 5 minutes it gave up. I felt the casing and to be honest, although it was warm it was not unusually warm. I did notice a smell though and thought that the motor had failed.
 I decided to go Online and found the helpline and sent an email informing them what had happened but I made an error in the purchase date putting 1917 instead of 2017.
 This morning I had a reply asking me many questions but on a second reading it was not too difficult to understand. Among things they requested was the number beside the serial number which I had given They also wished to know the date and receipt of the purchase.  The coupling and the rate of electricity I used.
 I did reply informing them that I had registered the product Online in February last year but could not say if it was Currys or Argos where I purchases the product. I answered what they wished and sent the reply. This was about 10.30.am. this morning.
 I was just having my DINNER, this is what I call my midday meal when the phone rang. It was Karcher they asked me a couple of questions and said that they had a swap programme for these sorts of happenings. He told me that the swap would be made next Wednesday, which I confirmed I would be available but then told me that it must be in a box. Obviously I do not have a box of that size so I have wrapped it in a sack that contained bird seed. So now I will wait for an email informing me the time slot for a swap.
 I must admit that Karcher have been first class, first in replying to me almost immediately, secondly in the swift way that they decided to swap my Karcher Pressure Washer for a replacement.
 Bank Holiday is upon us once more and Sunday the forecast is not good let us hope that the forecasters are wrong. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment