Monday 3 September 2018

Most unusual.

Last Friday I received a letter giving only my house name and it said the main road at my Village. It had a second class stamp on it so I opened the letter.
 There was a small piece of paper with some writing on, incidentally it was decent writing.
  It asked me if I would be good enough to post the envelope which was also in the letter with this piece of paper. It asked me if I could post the letter where there was a white Sports Car for sale. She went on to add that as she was on the bus the only property with a name clear enough was mine.
Anyway I went out and walked about 500 metres down the road but saw nothing. As there is no footpath to the North I got the car out and went some 400 metres North but once more saw nothing. By now my main meal was ready so I had that and decided to open the other envelope and read it.
 The gist of the letter was that she saw this sports car and wanted to know all about it ending with an email address.
 I decided to email her with the news that the car which she had seen was no more and that I had a good look both North and South.
 I did get a reply thanking me very much adding that it was nice for complete strangers to help with a strange request.
 I mentioned this to the lad next door and he told me that sometimes there is a car for sale. I suggested to him that if there is a car for sale and a contact number is on write it down then give it to me so that I can forward it to the Lady.
 Update on the Karcher. I had sine the telephone call informing me that the earliest they could exchange the Pressure Washer was last Friday. As I was going to a Hospital appointment on Tuesday I didn't go Online at all on Tuesday. I did call at the local Post Office and asked the Proprietor if he sold some tape for securing a box. He found some tape which turned out to be ideal.
 On Wednesday morning I went Online and saw in my inbox a notice informing me that they would be exchanging the washers later that day. I immediately go to work on the box making it as secure as possible. When the guy came the box was small, I noticed that the Pressure Washer had to be assembled. I didn't think about the original one for my mate put it together but had been disassembled it would have been a lot easier to send.
 The replacement id not quite the same quality as the other one but it will do me. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment