Monday 10 September 2018

Busy Times

These last week or so has been busy and there are no signs of it reducing.
 I did eventually get the Karcher Pressure Washer exchanned without much trouble.
 Last Sunday, yes Sunday British Gas contacted me to offer an earlier date for mt Annual Boiler Service it was for saturday just gone so I accepted. They came and gave my Boiler a clean bill of health.
 Tuesday I went to get my State Pension only to find that the  P.O.Counters was closed. It stated owing to unforeseen circumstances this Post Office will be closed. I managed to get to Alford which the last time I was there a Post office was on the main road. I went only to find it was now a Butchers Shop. I stopped a Lady and asked her where the Post Office was now, she informed me that it was in a local Supermarket. Off I went but found it to have next to no privacy at all but I did manage to get my Pension.
 Later that day I had mail and among it was an invite to get my money paid directly to my Bank. It stated that it was the Government's aim to eventually have all payments paid directly to Banks. there was a contact number as it was a freephone number I rung them up and within a few minutes had my State Pension paid into my Bank but not for a week. I would have to check my Bank details to make sure that the first payment had gone into my Account. After this all should go according to my instructions. So I will wait and see.
 Tomorrow I go to Boston Hospital for my pre. op. so that I can have my cataracts removed but only one at a time and on Friday I have Anglian Water visit me, it was typical for they rang me up last week and wished to visit me tomorrow but I told them it was not possible for I had a Hospital appointment so Friday this week they will be here in the afternoon.
 Then next Monday I have an appointment to have my eyes examined a retinopthay procedure where they put drops in your eyes. It does affect your sight for several hours but it is encouraged for those who have Diabetes so I do go. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment