Monday 6 August 2018

Cancellations.

I don't know if it just me or others go through this.
 About a month ago I had an appointment for me to attend the Outpatients Department in Louth giving a date in late July. A couple of weeks later I had another letter stating that "Due to unforeseen circumstances we have to change your appointment to another date". This was late August. I must admit that in general most appointments are altered.
 I have just come off the phone, it was British Gas calling. Incidentally I had a recorded phone call on Saturday confirming my appointment for this Tuesday  7th. August. The operator was very nice and apologised first saying that they had just been informed that due to heavy workloads of breakdowns my appointment for tomorrow has been cancelled. She then checked the availability of appointments and told me the earliest appointment would be October 1st. No wonder  British Gas is not performing well but she did add that because of the inconvenience caused they would compensate me with a £30 cheque. This is very nice and unexpected.
 Now to other serious matters. I think I wrote about my Brother-in-Law having prostate cancer which had spread to his bones. My youngest Sister rung up on Saturday giving me the latest on him. Itis not good, the Doctors wished him to go to a Hospice for the remainder of his life. The Doctor told his Wife(My Sister) that it could be days or at most weeks for him to live. My Sister told me that his vital organs are packing up and he looks yellow due to his liver failing.
 They have arranged for Macmillans Nurses to attend also some other organisations to attend to give my eldest Sister aid, she is 85, her Husband is 88 so of course she will not have the energy to do what she did many years ago. I expect to get a call anytime informing me of his demise and that the funeral date has been set.
 I do have several appointments due, I have the Hospital on August 28th. Surgery appointment on September 3rd. and I have my preoperative medical on September 11th. so as you can see my appointment book is rather full. I keep my fingers crossed that this sad day will not clash with my appointments. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment