Monday 30 July 2018

Quite a surprise

Early Friday morning I was awoken by the sound of thunder. This was about 4.00.am. as it got worse I decided to get up at about 4.50.am. It had been raining but the ground was not completely wet but as the day broke the rain got a little heavier and the thunder was continuous. As it got lighter the rain got heavier so when it had finally stopped it was about 9.00.am. and when I checked my water butts most were full or almost full.
 I had a delivery of LPG around 3.00.pm and it was a female who was delivering so I asked her if she had been awoken by the thunder but all she told me was that it didn't bother her much at all. I then asked her if they had the rain, again she didn't seem bothered saying that they had the odd shower. I told her my water butts were about full. She was surprised at that because she looked at the ground and I must admit it was once more dry.
 Around 5.00.pm. we had a repeat performance of thunder lightning and heavy rain. The rain was so heavy at times that my Sky Satellite could not send a picture and when I got up Saturday morning I could see that we had. I guess about 2" of rain over the 24 hour period.
 I sat down to watch the qualifying of the Hungarian Grand Prix but all of a sudden I lost power. I decided to go outside in the garden for about 10 minutes and when I came back indoors I decided to contact the powers to be. It is a 3 digit number and when I got through it is automated but eventually I did get through to an answering service informing me that they knew of the problem of a power outage and the time expected to reconnect was at 3.30.pm. This meant I was not able to produce any electricity from my Solar Panels. However just before 3.00.pm. the power was restored.
 About 5.30.pm. I had a phone call, it was from the company that supplies electricity. It was a female who apologised for the break in supply and asked if i had been connected yet. I let her know that I was once again with power and told her that originally I was given a time of reconnection that was easily beaten and that made me happy. She told me that she was very pleased adding that the engineers had managed to rectify the fault a lot sooner than expected. This is the first time I have ever been contacted because of a power problem, it was nice of them to contact me. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment