Thursday 26 July 2018

Increase

I went to check my LPG bottles and noticed that the needle had informed me that I had run out of over half so I went and contacted Calor to ask for another delivery, first requesting the price increase. I was informed that with the delivery charge it would cost me for 2x47kgs. of LPG would cost me £121.68p. I then let the receptionist that in the last 2 years LPG had increased by over 20%. She concurred saying it was bad.
 The Government has always stated that they try to keep the fuel price increase to a minimum but if it had been Mains Gas or electricity I am sure they would have done something about it, but of course users of LPG for heating and cooking are in a minority so there is no pressure at all. Unfortunately those who live in the country do not have the opportunity of using mains gas which is a shame.
 Things are getting serious over the lack of rain, many vegetable farmers are complaining about the drought and naturally vegetable prices will inevitably increase over the Winter period. As for me and the stored water, I do have sufficient for about 2 weeks but I have been using it sparingly only watering the tomatoes in the greenhouse and using water only on those few plants I have in the polytunnel. I have been watering the tubs with Dahlias in. I decided to buy several dahlia tubers early this year and to be honest I have been very pleased with the display so far. I noticed that the bees love the flowers because whenever I go up that way I notice many bees on the flowers.
 I am watering my runner beans and to be honest, although they are slow I am getting enough means for a meal every day, sometimes I have sufficient for a couple of meals a day. As I am low on ferritin iron to us old fashioned folk, runner beans are full of iron so I like to eat at least a portion each day for as long as they produce. I hope to get enough to eat for at least 2 more months.
 heat is a problem but yesterday we had a breeze which made it a little more bearable. The day before was dreadfully hot so I sympathise with all who live in large towns or cities, it must be dreadful. Over the next few days it forecasts that we will get some rain. We keep fingers crossed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment