Tuesday 17 July 2018

Heat

As one gets older, I for one cannot stand the extremes of temperature, that is too hot or too cold, it has been uncomfortable for me these last few days. This morning however was near normal temperatures.
 the dry weather has played havoc with my garden. In the polytunnel the soil is like a desert and I now have to peel my potatoes. Mind you I have been eating this seasons potatoes for over 2 months. The peas have been plentiful but small pods, also they have gone dry quickly so all it means I will have some peas for next year. they are Little Marvel and are a Heritage pea so most don't stock them.
 I have just enough runner beans for a couple of days but they are slow to grow. As for the broad beans, I did plant some Green Windsor, 12 in all but the strong to gale force winds damaged some of them, that is after I did tie them to stakes. I will have about 3 meals so I can't grumble. I have set a few seeds in the polytunnel and they have germinated so hopefully I will get a taste later in the year.
 I am surprised at the progress of the kidney beans, there are several small beans on them and I guess within a week or so a taste will be had.
 naturally with all the hot dry weather my plum tree has been shedding fruit but I will still have sufficient for me and enough to give some away.
 I don't know what happened but I lost all and was taken back to the main page but eventually I found my way back after what seemed an age.
 Next Tuesday I go to Louth Hospital for an appointment regarding my Ulcerative Colitis. The time is at 11.40.am. so I expect to be there for ages. I also had a wait for the delivery of my repeat prescription, I received it late yesterday afternoon, I had visions of going to the surgery for I had run out of one of my medication but I was able to take my medication this morning.
 I checked my blog and noticed that this post will be my 999 post. I don't know just how long I will continue for I have run out of ideas but I will definitely get to my 1000 posts. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment