Wednesday 11 July 2018

Appointment

Yesterday morning I travelled to Skegness to my mate's home as he informed me that he and his Partner would take me to Skegness Hospital. I was pleased especially as I would have had difficulty finding the place but when he took me in I was impressed not because of the size but also the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff.
 After being called in to have my BP taken and drops in my eyes I eventually saw the Doctor. He was very friendly also and after inspecting my eyes told me what I knew that I had indeed cataracts in both eyes. What he said next surprised me for he then let me know that he would put my name forward for the operation, first doing the right eye and about 6 to 8 weeks later having the left eye sorted. He, of course informed me that there was risks which I knew and after signing the consent form told me that the operation would take place within 18 weeks but first I would have to travel to Boston to have my eyes measured.
 I left I guess about 45 minutes later where both of them were waiting for me and we went back to their home.
 With the drops in one's eyes your vision is affected for about 4 hours so I was made welcome in their home and my mate stopped with me talking of things past. Eventually about 12.30.pm. I let them know that I felt sufficiently comfortable to drive so I left them. I told them that I was calling at Aldi, which is on the way back home and a detour was only a few hundred yards out of my way. It was hectic there so I only called to get the essentials. coffee was the main thing I required I also picked up some milk, frozen cod in batter and some ham pieces then it was off home.
 When I arrived home it was my first job to get my dinner prepared and to cook it. Whilst it was cooking I picked some peas out of the garden. Although they are plentiful the pods are small. I also picked a few broad beans. I only set about 12 seeds, one of which I intend to let them go to seed so that I will have enough seeds for next year.
 By the time I had picked the vegetables my meal was more or less ready. After having my meal I then went to water some plants and then rested.
 I didn't realise just how tired I get. I recall my late Mother telling me that she was worn out after I went to see her. I couldn't understand why because I did most of the work preparing the meal but now I do. I guess it comes to us all after attaining the age of 80 and we must accept it. The outcome of it was that I was too tired to even go Online. So yesterday was a blank day for the computer.
 Tuesday was taken up by picking the blackcurrants off the bush then taking them individually off the stalks and putting them into 3 containers. It took me ages to do and I got fed up with doing them. This morning I decided to take them out of the cartons and put them into one large bag so I decided to weigh them just to see how I have done. The weight was approaching 4lb. which did surprise me.
 Finally for now I have just picked the first outside runner bean, there are several more which will be ready shortly, also the tomatoes are beginning to ripen in the greenhouse. I don't think I shall be buying any for the foreseeable future. More soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment