Friday 15 December 2017

Backwards and forwards

Over the last few days I have been trying to get an appointment to see a doctor. yesterday I was determined to get to the Surgery just after it opened. The journey was not great, Black Ice but I didn't expect it as it was raining at the time. I did however notice the Ice warning on the dashboard, I soon realised that it was not great because I felt the back slide going round a sharp bend.
 When I managed to get to the surgery I asked, as there was nobody else there if she had an appointment to see the Doctor available. Immediately she told me that there was no appointments available but if I wished to go to Mablethorpe another 7 miles in icy conditions, I could join the waiting list of people wanting to see a G.P. I decided that this was not a good idea as she told me at that moment there were 12 persons waiting so I asked her if I came back the following day would I get a Doctor's appointment, this she told me that I would especially if I got there early.
 This morning I arrived just after 8.00.am. There was a guy lying on some chairs, it looked as if he was sleeping but although there were 2 receptionists there they made no attempt to call me over.
 After 10 or so minutes the sliding window opened and the receptionist apologised for making me wait. I told her that it was no problem because she was a lot busier than I was. I then requested an appointment so soo a GP. only to be told that no appointments were available. I told her I was surprised as I had been informed the day before that if I came early I would get an appointment. With that I was told that one of them was not coming in due to ill health. I was eventually offered an appointment but it would be in Mablethorpe. I did accept this appointment and it turned out to be the same Doctor who I last seen.
 I explained to her that my right leg was swollen and I had already reduced some medication. She took note of what I told her then had a look, took my B.P also checked my Lungs and Heart. I did suggest to her that I change my prescription for cholesterol but she persuaded me to stick to what I was on, I then told her to delete my 5 mgs. of BP treatment which she agreed measured my legs and told me that she wished me to have further tests in early January next year. A nice New year to look forward to but if all is well then it will be worth it. Mind you I hold my breath because I think the problem is the amount of medication I am on. Still I do feel alright in myself. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment