Wednesday 6 December 2017

Grantham

Yesterday I travelled to Grantham to see my Sister's but my eldest Sister wasn't feeling too good so I didn't see her.
 I also did my shopping at Morrison's which I like and I also filled up with petrol, a lot cheaper than round here sone 5p a litre cheaper. To be honest I find it more challenging as each year passes and I was tired out after travelling about 120 miles in a day. With increasing traffic which I am not used to really tires me out.
 My Sister told me that Grantham is getting worse for traffic problems and that she hardly uses her car but prefers to walk down into Town then catch the bus back home. I did remind her that getting the last couple of miles into Grantham is a nightmare especially as I hit the School run in the morning. It is dreadful from about 8.30.am for the next hour.
 Now to my produce, I have finished my eating apples called Sunset, they don't keep that well and with this Autumn being very mild at times I did have a few go rotten. They did both me and the lad from next door for each day he went to work I gave him an apple together with a plum tomato.
 This morning I gave him what I expect to be the last plum tomato this year, I still do have a few ordinary tomatoes but I don't expect to keep them into the New Year which I have done in previous years. I did pick a small cucumber last week but it was not of sufficient quality for me to give it away although I still have it and may have a taste.
 I did have a disaster with leeks, all of them went to seed which is something I have never experienced before. I will try to sow more Musselburgh next year and keep my fingers crossed.
 Last Friday I had to go for my 3 monthly blood test and saw the Nurse who performed it last time. I asked her about Thursday's weather which was poor, snow on and off for most of the day. She told me that it had been planned that she would go out on visiting calls but as she only had a small car decided not to venture out and all visiting calls were cancelled.
 I wondered how one would go on years ago when the weather was decidedly far worse than it is now, if we didn't go to work when the weather was bad. I guess the Country would grind to a stop. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment