Wednesday 10 October 2018

Card

I may have said that I have my Pension put directly into my Bank so I used my debit card for the first time using my 4 digit number, well that is what I intended to do when I had a winter check for my car. As I had done less than 3000 miles in 2 years I decided that I didn't need a complete service.
 When I put what I thought was the 4 digit number I was advised that the number was incorrect. I paid by cash and went back home and immediately went Online to my Bank, managed to find the link and followed the instructions. I was surprised that I did it and received the confirmation that my request for a different 4 digit pin number had been successful but I had to wait for about 5 days for the new pin number to arrive. It did in about 4 days and immediately noticed that there was a note stating that before I could use the card it had to be unlocked at either a Link or my Bank hole in the wall.
 Earlier my best Pal had rung up saying he would be here later that day so I thought before he got out of his car he could take me to the hole in the wall to get this sorted. He had used the system before, I had never used the system at all. I had my debit card for several years but only used it Online or by phone to pay for fuel.
 He duly arrived and before he turned off his motor I asked him if he would take my 3 miles to the cash machine. HE naturally agreed and I explained to him as we were going what I had to do.
 We arrived at the new Co-op in Sutton-on -Sea only to find it was not one of the 2 machines that I must use. We were about to leave when this Lady came out of the shop and immediately told us of the problem she had using that machine. The machine faces West and the sun was shining so that you had great difficulty reading it and went on to say that it had asked her if she wanted more time to get her business done. I then told her that this particular machine was not the one that I needed so I would go to the Post Office where there was one. Immediately she told us that the machine was out of action and the Post Office was closed. Fraud was the main cause and told us all about it. she was very talkative but also very informative too. She went on to say that there was another cash machine outside the Spar Shop but they charged £1.50.p. for each transaction. I then told her that we would go to Mablethorpe and use the machine there. She went on to tell us that the Bank was closing but the sooner the better for a Woman she knows does some cleaning there at night and the other night when she went in there was money all over the place. She told us that her friend phoned up and told them to send somebody round to put the money in a safe place.
 By now I told her we must make tracks and so we went on to Mablethorpe, one at the machine the first thing it prompted was to insert the card as soon  as I did this the card disappeared. I looked at my Pal and he told me I would eventually get my card back. We then followed the  instructions in fact they were quite easy but with the numbers being used so frequently they were not all that clear.
 Eventually I did get my card back so I said to my Pal I would try to get a little cash out to make sure all was well. I once more inserted my card, it disappeared so I thought that is normal I then requested £20 with a receipt and soon I received the £20 but had to wait about 30 seconds for the receipt. That made me feel a lot better for yesterday I had troubles which I will relate soon. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment