Monday 22 October 2018

Continuation

With the result of the Fridge/Freezer problem I decide to write to ELDC asking for a suitable reply to my request for refusing to take anything that is higher than 6'. I also let them know that I was  over 80 a perfect resident with recycling and domestic refuse. I informed them that I only had a shopping bag full every 2 weeks.
 Naturally I got the usual response but to be honest it was almost immediate. The explanation was that they limited the size due to the wagon but I had already suggested that the fridge/freezer was only 2' wide. He carried on stating that it was a driver only to keep the costs down and finally said he could not help me. He did give me a list of where I could take the old fridge/freezer but I did mention when I wrote to ELDC reminding them that I was over 80 years old. I was not happy so I sent a reply adding that I was on 8 different medications and if a youngish man was unable to take a 6'6" fridge/freezer away how was I expected to take it away myself. My final retort was that they with the attitude was encouraging fly tipping, adding that with luck he would be old one day and I hoped he would be treated more favourably than I had been treated.
 Last Monday John Lewis delivered my new fridge/freezer and the two men couldn't have been nicer. It was raining but the two bought the item on the driveway took all the packaging off and placed in the lorry. Then they bought the fridge/freezer inside and asked me where it was going. I showed them where and immediately the senior man placed in situ checked to see if it was level and then explained all that I needed to know, he even plugged it in but told me not to switch it on for 4 hours to let the fluid settle. I had the lad a couple of days prior to them calling lifted the old one just outside and I mentioned to the two men that it was a pity they didn't take the old machine away. The one in charge told me they in fact did but I let them know that with this deal it was not possible to take the old one away. I then let them know how ELDC had been and they were disgusted. With that the other guy got his sack truck and did no more started to lift and shift the old fridge/freezer towards the lorry, the senior man asked me if it was fine because they charged £20 for removal of any appliance, naturally I told him it was fine. He then told me that as soon as he got in his cab he would contact Head Office and they would immediately contact me for payment. This happened a few minutes later I had a call from Head office and I paid so I was relieved to see the old thing go.
 I did write to let them know that I had first class service from John Lewis, surprisingly enough they replied and thanked me for the kind words I had written and the time I had taken  but I only told them the truth. From now on I will not be so environmentally careful for I don't think that ELDC deserve the care I have used up to now. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment