Tuesday 16 October 2018

Good and Bad

We were notified about a week ago that last wednesday we would have an interruption to our electricity supply for the purpose of tree trimming. It was proposed that this would take much of the day. however the day before the proposed interruption we had notification that it had been cancelled due to  County Highways restrictions but last Friday we had a power cut of about an hour.
 Now to the bad news, last Tuesday my Fridge/freezer suddenly ceased working so I immediately went Online to find a suitable replacement but the one I desired was not readily available. Currys which I prefer for they take away the old appliance for a fee did not have the model in stock and noted that it would not be available until mid November. I did find one Company that had it in stock but the earliest I could get it was this Monday some 6 days away. Typical also is that the weather was like July not mid October with the temperature being in the mid 20s c.
 I decided to go to the local place in Mablethorpe but on rushing I missed the cup holder where I usually put the keys to my home only to find that they had disappeared.
 The lad from next door heard me and came round, he looked all over but like me couldn't find the keys so he went and fetched his Carer she  could find nothing so she went to see her Partner and as she was going I asked her to see if a locksmith would come out for I could not get in my home.
 Her Partner came round and suggested that the house key had fallen behind the hand brake so he went back and found some special tools ans undid the nuts and asked the lad to see if he could feel anything. He didn't say anything but after a minute or so retrieved my house keys. Immediately told him to go and tell his Carer that we had the keys so we didn't need a locksmith, he was just in time.
 I then told the lad I was going to Mablethorpe to get the cheapest freezer for everything was defrosting rapidly. He offered to go with me, thank goodness he did. On arriving we went to look at deep freezers and the cheapest was £110 so I bought it and asked the salesman if it could be delivered later that day but he told me that it would be the next afternoon before it could be delivered, so he asked me what car I had and when I told him he let me know that almost certainly it would fit into the rear of the car which it did. Of course there is a delay before you can switch on the appliance due to the gas which has to settle, in this case it was only 2 hours. We got it back and with the lad's help managed to get the packages removed and upright so I had to wait for a couple of hours. As for the contents of the fridge compartment I could do nothing so I did lose a few items over the coming days. It's sods law even the nighttime temperatures were far higher than the normal daytime temperatures but I had to accept this. The Company that would supply me is John Lewis but it stated that with this product it they were not able to remove the old appliance, that didn't bother me too much for ELDC ha a policy of offering to take up to 4 items for a one off fee of £25. When I went Online to fill in the form I noticed that the maximum height of the Fridge/freezers was 6' and mine was 6' 6" so I did no more Online and rung up the Council. I eventually got through to a nice young Lady who when I told her of my predicament seemed surprised but asked me to hold on while she sought some answers. After a couple of minutes she came back and asked me to keep holding for  she was trying to get some information. A minutes or so later she came back with the news that I was correct and the restrictions  and that there was nothing she could do for me. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment