Thursday 8 November 2018

Connection.

As mentioned before I was due to change Internet Provider on the same day I was due to go to hospital for my cataract operation so I went Online early Friday only to find that my previous Provider had disconnected me so I changed routers and connections and waited for 15 minutes which the new Provider had instructed. I guess it was nearer 30 minutes when I checked to see that the green lights were on but nothing was happening so I turned off the computer. I checked a couple of times later but found the same result. My mate with his Partner called to pick me up so I asked him to double check to see that I had connected the wires correctly and he told me I had, then he asked where the router was. Immediately he informed me that they hadn't activated the Internet yet so off we went to Hospital.
 He told me what to expect and where to go for his late Mother had been through the same routine, it certainly helped me. I booked in and was told to take a seat in the waiting area. No sooner was I sat down when I was called in to some checks, a Lady next to me told her carer that it was funny for I had only just arrived and I was being seen to.
 The initial check took about 10 minutes and I went out and the Lady told me that I must be first on the list for I had been seen straight away. I told her that I was a little early and we got talking so the time went quickly.
 A little later the trolly came round with tea or coffee which was a lovely surprise. In total there were 6 waiting for the cataract operation. To be honest we were treated like Royalty with undivided attention.
 Eventually after a few visits with the |Nurse the Surgeon came and I was taken to see him. He held out his hand to greet me and had a quick look at my eye so I asked him where I was on the waiting list and he confirmed that I was  first. That was about 1.00.pm. but it was just after 2.00.pm. when I was wheeled down to the Operating Theatre, in the annex next to the Theatre I was prepared and eventually wheeled in, the procedure took about 20 minutes and then I was taken back to the waiting area and the Lady next to me said to me that I was not gone long although it did seem to me it took a while.
 After sitting down for about 10 minutes an assistant came to ask whether I would like tea or coffee. I told her coffee would do nicely. Almost immediately she came back with a tray with hot water a sachet of coffee  together with milk and sugar. There was also a couple of rich tea biscuits all went down well.
 I was taken aback by what happened next, well I say next but it would have been some 30 minutes later, the Nurse who had shown such kindness and dedication went to fetch me and told me she would discharge me. She gave me some drops which she told me to take  4 times a day for the next 2 months but if I ran out I should get a new bottle from my Surgery. She also told me to keep my eye patch on for at least 24 hours. She also asked how I would get home so I told her my friend would pick me up. With that she asked how and I told her I would use my mobile phone so she offered to contact him if I wished but I did decline the offer and with that I was on my way and I guess it was about 3.15.pm.
 Eventually I got home and just before 5.00.pm. I went to see if my Internet was on, it wasn't for the ethernet light showed red. I switched off the router, changed the filter and waited for 5 minutes then turned on the router again. I had managed to get the red light removed but the ethernet connection was flashing but I did nothing that night.
 The next morning I contacted my new Provider and explained what had happened, after asking me to check my  connections he then did some checks his end, eventually informing me that he would send an engineer out on Monday between 8.00.am and 1.00.pm. I waited in vain for nobody came. I fung up later and informed the helpline what had happened, they were full of apologies and told me there would definitely be someone here to see me the next day.
 An engineer contacted me just after 10.00.am. letting me know that he would be at mine within 10 minutes. He duly arrived and immediately told me that he was out of his area so it took him a little while to find where everything was.
 I won't go into details but he was at mine for well over 2 hours not actually at my property but working to get me connected. He did tell me that I did not have a good line to mine. I did notice that he was up the pole outside near to where I live he also told me he had been to the exchange but finally after 5 days I was once again Online. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment