Thursday 29 November 2018

Lots happening

First I must inform all who read my blog that I am beginning to lose the ability to speak, when I say this I must explain, this I find hard when talking to get my words out and sometimes I get the words mixed up but I am capable of writing them down.
 My mate and his Partner picked me up to take me to Outpatients at Boston which I thank them very much for I do appreciate them both very  much.
 As I had an old Nokia mobile which the batteries were getting worn out I asked my mate to get me another mobile. I had no need to worry about the quality and price for BOTH are keen on price. Anyway he bought me one and spent a couple of minutes with me explaining how to use it when they came to pick me up. What he omitted to tell me was that you had to hold the button to turn it on for about 10 seconds so that eventually when I had finished my Outpatients I could not get the mobile to turn on so I went to reception and after a couple of minutes the receptionist managed to get it turned on. My mate had it worked out to a tee, he told me that when I was ready to be picked up give him a ring for about 3 rings then turn off and when he was about 5 minutes from the Hospital he would repeat the process.
 Back to the Outpatients, first I had to self register and was informed to go to the main waiting area. In the waiting area there was a a couple of screens with notifications and soon I saw my name instructing me to go to the Eye department so off I went not exactly knowing where I was to go but well down the corridor a Nurse asked me for my name and asked me if I had registered which I told her I had. She soon found my name and told me to take a seat in the waiting area if I could find one. Every seat was taken but I presume a young lass immediately got up n]and offered me her seat which I refused but she insisted so I sat down. I was pleased because the wait was long. After I had been waiting some 35 minutes a Nurse shouted and asked if anyone had been waiting for more than 45 minutes.. A man walked up and heard him say that the Lady  he accompanied had been waiting for about 75 minutes. Th4e Nurse immediately checked her list found that he was correct and informed him that the Lady would be next.
 Eventually I was called in to see a Nurse for an eye test just to see if I could see letters without my glasses then it was wait for another Nurse who put drops in my eyes checked them and asked several questions then it was again wait. I eventually called to see what I presumed was a Nurse Practitioner but she was a Sister. She put drops which she told me would sting which they did but only for a minute or so, examined my eyes with a strong light then told me that my left eye was borderline so we agreed that we should leave it for now. If I had insisted I think I could have had the left eye operated on but to be honest it is having to ask someone to take me to Hospital. If it was straight forward it would not be bad but not knowing just how long you would be there is a bind. The day of the operation there are 2 appointments, one is 8.00.am. and the other is Noon, I was fortunate to be first and I was discharged from the Day care unit sometime after 3. 15.pm. but the operation took about 20 minutes but if you say 15 minutes for each patient that would mean if I was last the discharge time would be well after 4.30.pm.
 Anyway the Sister on Outpatients after doing the tests informed me that in about 2 weeks I should make an appointment with my Optometrist and gave me a letter to give to her. I immediately let her know that I would still be taking my eye drops but she told me that I would not so I told her that I was told to take eye drops for 2 months, all she said was 1 month, I then told her that the day care had given me 2 bottles of eye drops and she told me that if I was likely to run out order in good time another bottle so I asked her why they had given me 2 months supply. All she could say was that she thought it was in case I ran out.
 I decided not to do what she told me so I went down to the Opticians explained what had happened and the male receptionist has booked me in for an eye test on December 10th. I will still be putting props in my eye until the day of the eye test. As the appointment is for 1.30.pm. I will put drops in my eye early in the morning and see what she says. Mind you I have great difficulty in getting the drops in my eye but on ordering another bottle I should have enough.
 Talking of ordering, a week last Monday I made an appointment for my 3 monthly blood test for the Hospital at the same time I ordered some more eye drops and also put in my repeat prescription. As nothing had happened I decided to ring up Lloyds Chemist as to if they had a prescription for me. She went to check and when I asked her if they would be delivered the same day she informed me that they did not do a repeat delivery. I told her that I had not received anything at all and halfway through the conversation my old Nokia mobile packed in. I was pleased because I had when I first went to Boston a warning that the batteries were low although I had charged the batteries up completely. They must have got the message for a foreign Lady came and rung the doorbell, within seconds rung it again then hammered on my door and started to look for another entry. I was only some 20 seconds in getting to the door she was blunt and asked me to sign then left but at least I have my medication for another month. Thus endeth the long epistle. More I hope soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment