Friday 13 December 2013

Bits and bobs

As most will know, last week was a bad week for the East Coast. I was not involved at all in the flooding but the winds were very strong. Not as much damage though as the night when only the edge of the Coast had severe gales that blew the fence down on next door's property.
 I went to the Town to have my haircut and didn't notice anything out the ordinary. The winds were from a westerly direction so the prospect of sand blowing off the beach was nil.
  I didn't go anywhere else to see if the sea had done any damage so I just left it at that.
 Today the Lady from next door, the one with the chickens, came to tell me that if I wished to see the trophy's they had won this year I was welcome to go round as they were going to wrap them up because they take a lot of cleaning as they are silver. Well I think silver plated.
 I was surprised because they had 4 trophy's and one was HUGE. It was a similar size to the F.A Cup.  They also had a plate with the photo of the winning pigeon and a plaque also.
 I got round to asking him if there had been any damage done last week with the weather. He told me that they had been warned several times by the Floodline Agency but thank goodness all they had was spray coming over the top and although there was some water on the roads, nobody was flooded.
 Once again the conversation got round to pigeons and they told me that they had a few more trophy's to collect. This was going to be some time in the New Year. I suggested that it would be early when the weather ws not good. He agreed with me as he thought it was either January or early February.
 The new 12kg washing machine was on the go. Nice and quiet. they are both pleased with the machine as it saves washing several times less in a week.
 By the way, I received notification that Planning Permission had been sought to build the extension on the rear of their property. Retrospect as it happens. I told her I would not be contacting them as it didn't affect me at all. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment