Tuesday 3 December 2013

Apples

I rung my Sister up on Saturday letting her know I would be over this week and she should get the Christmas cards ready to save postage.
 I mentioned to her that I had the odd Bramley apple with a few spots in them. You can't tell it. Only when you start to peel the apple do you notice. I told her that I add the odd blackberry to the apples and that hides the brown bits.
 She then told me that she too had the odd one start to go and so peeled and cored the rest and froze them down. What she then told me made me wonder if it was the unseasonally weather we have had this year to cause this to happen.
 She goes to the Market each Saturday and there is a veg. man and she asked him if he had any Bramley cooking apples. He told her he would not be getting any more as the apples had brown spots in them. If he has had problems, it is no little wonder I too have had a few apples. It seems as if they wont keep much at all this winter. By the way, I have had several in my fridge in the salad tray but even the odd one of those has gone.
 I went to have my 3 monthly Blood Test and also my B.P. This was very high so I must go and have it checked again in a months time. Bother!!
 Finally for now, at least I did get my refund from my Internet Provider for the 3 months over charging so that is good. Mind you I still have heard nothing from the installer of  my door. I did ring up the SKY team as my Sky Box is still playing up. Had to laugh for last night tried to turn the T.V. off and found it would switch on again. Managed it eventually. Will wait and see what he has to say about that. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment