Wednesday 27 November 2013

Losing it?

This morning I decided to fill my garden waste bin by cutting some of the leylandi on the side of my front driveway. I was out for about 30 minutes and filled the bin, not over filled but there was plenty in it. I then went inside to have a drink.
 I suddenly thought that the day to collect the garden waste bin is a Thursday. I began to wonder if the last collection had been made this year so I went Online and checked to see when the last delivery is. Well it was,  almost a fortnight ago, so now I have  my garden waste bin almost full and it will not be emptied again until April next year. Typical.
 Not everything went wrong although I have had trouble with my replacement door, the seal has come off the bottom of the door, thus letting in the draught. Needless to say, I rung up the Company but it was an answer phone, so far nobody has bothered to contact me. I will give them some time but if they fail me I will contact Trading Standards.
  The other day I received my monthly bill for my Internet. This is the third time it has been incorrect so I decide once more to give them a call. There was a wait of about 20 minutes but as it was a freephone so it didn't cost me anything. Eventually I informed the guy what had happened. He seemed to be a more senior guy for after asking me the usual security questions looked at my account and noticed that I had complained before. He noted the last guy's name and told me he would be contacting him. He then asked me if I wouldn't mind holding on as he was going to sort this out straight away.
 After about 5 minutes he came back full of apologies saying he couldn't access my account directly so if I was prepared to wait another couple of minutes he would ring them and get this sorted out. He wasn't long this time but assured me that everything would be fine from now and the money they owe me will be credited to my account within 2 weeks. We will see. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment