Thursday 7 November 2013

Phone calls.

I don't often use the phone but these last few days I have.
 I went online at moneysupermarket.com to see what deals there were on Motor Insurance.
 A couple of years ago I got a good deal, moneysupermarket asked me if I  would like them to save my details which I agreed to. Well last year I went online and saw that my current Insurer had a quote a few £s cheaper than the current price I was paying. Naturally I thought there was no need to bother with another Insurer. Wrong. When my renewal documents came I noticed that the quote was in excess of 40% more expensive than the online quote. I immediately rung them up and asked them what their game was. The guy on the other end was a little embarrassed but told me that if the quote was, like for like, they must match the offer that was online. This they did.
  This year I was prepared in advance as to what might happen. Once more they gave me a quote even less than last years. It was not quite the cheapest but I thought if they could match that I would stay with them for a third year.
This time it was not a free phone number but an 0844 a 5p+ a minute call. After the initial options I was straight through to the right operator. I explained what had happened the previous year and expected that something similar would happen this year. She asked me what was online and wanted the details, sure enough the difference in price was over £90. Surprisingly enough she just told me that the price online was O.K. and as long as there was no material difference that price would be fine. I immediately paid up bu debit card.
 Today, I have received my policy documents together with the original quote of over £90 more, but I have also received my Motor Insurance Certificate valid until December 2014.
 Yesterday I also received  a note informing me that my Satellite protection was due and if I did nothing would continue for a further year. As I have had a little trouble with the system I decided to call them.
 After being on hold for about 25 minutes getting increasingly annoyed so that when the man on the other end asked if he could help. I let him have it with both barrels. I told him under no circumstances should he request me to re-boot the system. He could tell I was irate and tried to placate me but I kept on at him. Eventually he then informed me he would arrange for an Engineer to visit me but would have to connect me to another department. I warned him that it had better   not be long. It wasn't and I told the woman on the other end that I though the system was not working properly and this was probably in conjunction with my remote and the guy should have one just in case. She informed me that he would not carry a spare remote but would post one on to me within the next 5 days. We will see. The engineer should be here on Wednesday morning next week, More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment