Tuesday 26 November 2013

Forgetting

This is the first raised bed where I buried the leaves ready for the A. frame to be moved. I had used a junior hack saw to cut some of the screws that were holding the frame to the raised bed but couldn't get to them all.
This is where the present raised bed is situated. It has been there for about 4 years. Prior to that it was where I propose to move it back to it's original place. By the way, notice the solar panels on both of our properties.                            
Here it is now in the old place, my mate managed to get a small wrecking bar to loosen the remaining nails and screws hold  the frame in place. To be honest, I was thrilled to bits that it all went so well. We, well mainly he, managed to man handle the complete frame and lift it to it's present position. I had the brainwave, (unusually for me)to put a couple of battens across the frame trapping the frame so that the winds, hopefully would not do so much damage. Only time will tell of course. Anyway we were both satisfied how it had gone. Well! I was amazed.    
My mate then suggested that we look at the driveway gates. It didn't take him long to sort that lot out. They are probably the best they have ever been.           
To top it all, I had bought a shoulder of Pork, was going to get something different but the main road was closed, resurfacing. It turned out to be a blessing for the Pork was fantastic. My mate loves the crackling, I do also but with my diabetes I can't eat that sort of stuff, but I did have a very small taste.                
I went to Town today to find the main High Street open again. To my surprise I noticed that about 25 metres had been left undone. Well I went to see my colleague in the Supermarket!!! He then told me that they had run out of money so the rest had to be left. To save money they had even reused the kerb stones.
What a state of affairs we are in. It was very quiet in the store when the road was closed he did tell me. I wasn't surprised at all.                                                    
I have just forgotten to post a blog these last few days. I guess it is called either memory loss or just plain idleness. More soon, perhaps!!                                       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment