Wednesday 13 November 2013

Satellite

I must admit I was somewhat surprised to see that posted through my letter box on Friday last week was a replacement remote control for my Sky.
 Anyway I decided not to do anything about it as on Wednesday this week an engineer would be calling.
 Last night I had a recorded message stating that the engineer would call between 8.00am. and 10.00am. The engineer would contact me before hand.
 Sure enough at 7.45am. the phone rang, the engineer informed me that he would be at mine in about 50 minutes. It was nearer an hour later that he contacted me again asking whereabouts I lived. Actually he was very near to where I was.
 The fist thing he told me was to look at my dish. I told him that it was fine, he then told me he was going to change it for a new one as it was getting a little rusty. Let's face it I have had that dish for around 20 years.
 He then went in and told me that he was sure that the dish was the problem as I was receiving a poor signal. I then told him that my mate had checked the signal strength and it was fine. He then said something that made me think. He told me that he didn't take a lot of notice at those  signal strengths.
 Anyway he did a few tests then went outside he told me he would have to drill into the wall because he had to attach a sort of rope to make the ladder which he had to reach the dish safe. I could see what he was doing and told him that in frosty weather it would be a great idea.
It didn't take too long for the replacement dish to be fitted. So once again he went inside to the box. I told him about the replacement remote and also told him that I could not use the mute or volume. He said that it was because it hadn't been set up and he would set the new remote up so that all was on Sky as normal.
 I was surprised because it seemed as if replacing the dish has made the set work properly.
 When I think of it I realise this gradual reduction in  the signal to the box would cause my system to be a little sluggish. Now all seems to be working well once more.
 He did give me his telephone number just in case my faults had not gone away for good so that means for now at least, no more waiting for Sky to put you on hold for 30 minutes or so.
 More soon.
P.S. Must admit I am thrilled at the spelling check I have because I have NEVER posted a blog without first correcting spelling mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment