Monday 18 November 2013

Sun

With it being sunny on Thursday I decided to collect a few more leaves and dug a trench where the runner beans will be next year and bury a couple of bags of leaves.
 The A frame which has had the runner beans on for the last 3 seasons was damaged when along this coast  a month ago when we had severe gales so I decided to move the A frame to another plot. Anyway although the ground was very wet I managed to dig a trench each side and buried a black bin bag of leaves either side. It was a nice but a little windy day so managed to get it all done with before Noon.
 I came back inside and went to check mail, there was a little and thought I would check my LPG tank for fuel level. I have to do this because the Company wishes me to inform them when the fuel is down to 20%. It is still too full.
 When I tried to open the front door, there was some resistance, I managed to open the door and noticed that the Postman had left me a couple of Marrows. He had told me a couple of weeks earlier that he had 2 for me but as the time went by I thought he had forgotten but I am pleased he hadn't.
 I have been trying to catch him everyday since but keep missing him, it is that I just wish to thank him. To be honest, we do give each other gardening produce, whether it is seeds or vegetables, more likely that is what I give him, he will give me small plants that he grows from seed but these Marrows are great.
 I thought they would be hard to cut, not a bit of it, not as easy as a fresh young fruit but easy to cut all the same. I know this because today I had Marrow for my dinner, with other things obviously.
 My mate will be pleased because he loves a stuffed marrow and as my photo shows, they are large and quite a reasonable size too. Anyway they will certainly give me several meals in the next couple of weeks. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment