Thursday 13 November 2014

A job again

My mate called yesterday, it was nice to see him but he still isn't 100% yet.
Anyway we had a lovely meal of roast pork. Incidentally I went to Lidl on Tuesday and I didn't go for any meat but they had some medallions of pork on offer. £5.99 for 1kg but if one bought 2 packs the cost was down to £8 for the two  so I bought a couple of packs.. There were 9 medallions in each pack. I was so impressed that when I arrived back home I went to the neighbour who has the chickens and told her about the offer. I also sent my mate an e-mail.
 When he was here I asked him if he saw my mail and if he had bought any. He told me that some time ago they had the medallions on and they were very nice so he told me he would go the next day for some.
 This morning I waited for a delivery of LPG. Incidentally the woman who took my order was not the best and I wondered if my order had gone in. I rung up, gave my Account name, that meant nothing to her and she asked me for my name and address. I told her that if she found my Account, all the details were there. Anyway I gave her the details and told her I wished to have 2 bottles. She asked if I needed 4. I told her I had 4 but only needed 2 as they were the only ones empty. After what seemed an age she then asked how I was going to pay. I told her that if she had accessed my Account all the details were there. She then decided to find the account. Eventually she informed me that she had found it and that all was O.K. and the delivery would be the next day.
 I wondered if it had gone through because the delivery is generally in the morning. However this afternoon a delivery was made. I mentioned the palaver I had when ordering, he told me that the girl worked in Accounts and was just filling in. He had wondered who it was because the paper work was a bit awry.
 A little later the lady from next door came to see me, she bought a few carrots and the garage key so that I could feed the chickens. She then told me she had bought 2 packs of medallions of pork and remarked how nice they looked.  They work out at about 45p each piece, ideal as there is virtually no fat and no bone. She then told me they were going as soon as she got the rest in the car. About 10 minutes later they were on their way to Morocco, well I think that is where they are going.
 She had asked if I would shut the chickens in at night as well as letting them out each morning, plus feeding them. I certainly don't mind letting them out in the mornings. It is somewhat of a pain waiting for them to go to roost in the evening. There is always one that waits until it is more or less pitch black before it goes in. Still I managed to shut them up for the night. Will be up early tomorrow to let them out. Certainly much earlier than they are used to as sometimes it is after 9.00am. before they are let out. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment