Thursday 6 November 2014

Autumn arrived

This morning as it got light the frost arrived, so much so that my bird bath was iced up, so this is definitely Autumn.
 I did expect this because believe it or not I had a strawberry more or less ripe, and I picked it yesterday and gave it to the young man next door. He told me it was nice.
 A couple of days ago I went and checked the flowers in the garden. I was surprised that I had a scabious plus a lavender together with what you might expect such as roses, polyanthus, plenty of marigolds a few geraniums plus pelargoniums.  also a few antirrhinums.
 Yesterday I finished the last of the cucumbers they have been one of the big successes this season. I still have a few tomatoes left but they will not go into next year as I have managed to do the last few years.
 For the first time I can remember, I didn't hear or see a firework on bonfire night or mischievous night come to that. It does seem as if Halloween is becoming more popular that November 5th.
 My mate is still suffering after going to the West Coast with his Partner to see her Brother. He did ring me last Sunday but sounded rough. I did ask how his Partner's Brother was progressing. He told me that he was walking a little but couldn't talk. I told him that it was good that he was mobile and that his speech would eventually return but like any Brain injury it will take time.
 I will be looking after the chickens next door for about 12 days from late next week so I will have a part time, unpaid job for the following 12 days. I think it is 12 days that they are going for. The young man is excited and told me the temperature where they are going was 32c today. Far too warm for the likes of me though. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment