Thursday 30 October 2014

Last runner beans

A few days ago I had the last of my runner beans that I set in the polytunnel. I had about 20 meals in all so not a disaster by any means. My peas did nothing though and the broad beans which I set at the same time as the runner beans have so far produced nothing at all. I must admit though there are a few pods on. Whether they will grow to produce any edible beans is purely guesswork.
 My mate hasn't been here for a month. He was due to call a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately his Partner's Brother suffered a stroke so not surprisingly he took her to see him. He lives on the West Coast. I was pleased to learn that the stroke was not as severe as they first thought and gladly it seems as if he is making good progress. It will take time though.
 He rung me up when he arrived home and I immediately asked him if he was O.K? I asked him this because he sounded rough. He told me he thought it was by travelling such a long distance.
 He didn't answer my calls on Saturday last week which was unusual but I had a call on Sunday. He did sound poorly and told me he had lay on his Partner's couch all the day before. I told him I didn't expect him over here this week but of course would be welcome.
 I normally ask him to get some milk for me but I told him I would get the milk myself. Just as well for he didn't manage to get here this week at all. I only hope he is improving well and that next week he will be here.
 I have been collecting leaves that have blown off the many trees that surround me. In fact these are early this year, even more surprising as it has been a very mild Autumn.
 Finally for now. My American friend who moved home recently has settled in well. I knew it would be the best move he had made. He joined the Camera Club and now has become the Treasurer. This will give him a added interest. This can only be positive and I am happy for him. It will certainly keep him busy. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment