Wednesday 15 October 2014

Bits and bobs

Nothing much has happened to me lately. The weather has been a typical Autumn set, very wet and windy interspersed with some brighter weather but not cold. We seem to have a complete day of heavy rain then a slightly drier day followed once more with torrential rain.
 Last week I put my repeat prescription in at the local Surgery expecting a delivery from that day which was on Tuesday. I was disappointed as no delivery was made. On Friday though I had a very sore throat so I thought that on Tuesday when I went shopping I would call in at the chemist and see what had happened to the delivery of my medication also get some tablets for a sore throat.
  Off I went and asked if they had a prescription for me and when it was produced I asked why it had not been delivered. The answer was that they had now gone complete computerised and that they had omitted to inform the Chemist that it should be delivered to me. She then told me that I should have rung up. It was no good me informing her that the delivery could be from the same day I posted the repeat prescription to up to 4 days later. The outcome is that I have my tablets for another month.
 The other day I was doing a little cleaning of the block paving on my driveway when a guy walked by with a Yorkshire terrier. When he returned he stopped and we had a few words. It was the guy whose Wife had spoken to me a few months earlier stating that it was the first time she had seen anyone at my property. He asked me about my solar panels. I told him that I would recommend anyone who was sited without any obstructions as it was still a good investment. I told him that it was the trees that obstructed my panels and from September to April it made a huge difference. I just added that I hoped that eventually the trees would get the Ash die back.  He looked at me and asked if they were Ash trees. I was quite surprised as this was not the first time I was asked what the trees were. When the new neighbours moved in they had no idea as to the tree that was in his garden.
 I don't know if it is me but when we were children we were taught the different sorts of native trees that grew. I guess most know the Horse chestnut or more commonly called the conker tree. As the Ash is widely seen in the Country I would expect all to know that as the Oak. Anyway they seem to be indifferent to the variety of trees.
 I was having my tea when the doorbell rang. It was the young man from next door, he had bought me some more chicken manure. It was a wheelbarrow full. We spread it on various places of garden and then I told him that it would be enough for now. He did ask me if I needed any eggs, I politely told him that I was O.K. for now. I don't use many eggs.
 He did his usual looking in my greenhouse and polytunnel. He noticed that things were beginning to gradually die and he told me that he was soon going to empty the greenhouse  of the tomato plants and clean it all up. I will be surprised if he does it all on his own. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment