Friday 24 October 2014

Correction

I must first correct myself. On my last blog I said it was well over 50 years ago, that is incorrect. It was well over 40 years ago.
 Now to other things.
 Yesterday I looked at my guttering and noticed a weed growing so I thought I would investigate. My mate had put some protective stuff on so that leaves would not congregate and block the downpipe. Anyway I went to get some steps and looked into the guttering. I was shocked at just how much moss had gathered and had clung to this gauze type of material.
 I decided there and then that I must clean the guttering. I started out the front and was lucky that one piece of guttering was relatively clean but the other was well clogged up. I cleaned it up and noticed the lady next door, the one with the chickens.
 I knew they were going on holiday to I think Morocco next months for about 10 days. She called out and asked me if it would be alright if I looked after her chickens for that time. Obviously I said yes.
 Incidentally I don't know if I mentioned it but they are going out for Christmas Day lunch for the first time. She actually asked me if I would like to join them, it was nice of her to ask but I declined as I am not confident that my illnesses would allow me to have a decent time of it. Still I did appreciate the thought and thanked her for thinking about me.
 Now back to the guttering. I then went round the rear of the property. Almost all the gutters were badly affected and it took me some time to clean them. I finished up with nearly 50% of a wheelbarrow full of moss and debris. Mind you I made a mess taking the stuff out and so today I had to start to clean the facia and guttering's. I have done all the rear UPVC gutters, downpipe and facia. They certainly look a lot better so that now all I have to clean is the front which I may do tomorrow. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment