Thursday 9 October 2014

Miscallaneous


These are my runner beans that I set in my polytunnel at the beginning of August. Also set broad beans but they are no good and I think I will get nothing from them at all. I have had 6 feeds from the runner beans though.


This is a quick couple of photos  I took late the other night. It was bitter cold only 10c.  It shows how the neighbour has reduced the leylandi to manageable height. In the course of cutting them he told me that on Sunday he went to Peterborough to take the trophies back that they had won last year. He said that he had decided to fill up with fuel at Boston as it is generally much cheaper than round here. He then remarked that he was somewhat surprised because the local Village not far from here was selling fuel 2pence a litre cheaper than the cheapest at Boston.
 I told him that I would call there the next day to fill up which I duly did yesterday morning.
 I had a phone call later from my Best pal who I hadn't heard from for a while. Immediately when he came he told me about the price of fuel. It was the same price that he was paying at Morrison's in Chesterfield. He was surprised when I told him that I had been there earlier that day. It was nice to see him and time flew.
 This morning I had a delivery, it was a lovely sunny morning and the guy remarked on how nice it was. He then told me that the rain was most welcome as it had been so very dry.  I asked him where he had come from, he told me Newark. I just told him that we have had more than our share of rain.
 Typical, this afternoon , well just after 1.30pm. we had another terrific downpour. Torrential rain and strong winds. It was so heavy that it affected my satellite and it was off for about 10 minutes. After the storm we had very little sun for the remainder of the day.
 Finally for now, I must thank my mate for showing me how to upload my photos from my camera. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment