Wednesday 26 November 2014

They are back

This morning I went out as usual to let the chickens out and noticed the car was in the drive. So they are back. To be honest I am not sad because the chicken run is so muddy and my wellies are filthy.
  It was the 13th. November when she bought me the garage key so that I could access the food for the chickens. For a week I had the same routine, let them out around 8.00am. go and give them some of my bird seed around 11.00am. and again about 2.00pm. then shut them up when it got dark about 4.30pm. I didn't get an egg for the first week then last Friday I was surprised because I found an egg. The Saturday was a bad day but on Sunday it was even worse. I didn't produce 1 watt of solar but I did get 2 eggs. On Monday after an early frost it was a sunny day and I got another 2 eggs. Tuesday was similar and to my amazement I had 3 eggs. This morning I opened up and didn't expect to find any eggs so I was not disappointed.
 Whether it was because I was taking my wild bird seed and feeding them this extra each morning and afternoon I don't know. I do know that the chickens went mad each time they saw me and eagerly gobbled up the wild food I bought for them. By the way, there is always plenty of food available for them with copious amounts of water.
 Now I can get back to my routine of taking my time and not dashing out and hurrying back so that I could listen to Radio 4 extra which has comedy programmes each weekday at 8.00am. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment