Tuesday 2 December 2014

Disturbing news

Yesterday I went to Grantham to see my Sisters. This is the last time I will get over there this year, hopefully.
 I called at Morrison's and was a little disappointed at the display and selection. I didn't get any Herrings which was a disappointment. I also looked for some Ham to boil but it was not of the quality and price I wished.
 I did get some cheap fuel though from ASDA. which was far cheaper than round here. In fact some 7p a litre in some places.
 I had just walked in my home when the phone rang. Something that rarely occurs. It was from my Mate's Partner. It was not good news. He was supposed to be at mine on Wednesday but his Partner informed me that he would not be here that day as he had taken a fall and had suspected broken elbows in both arms and that he had been taken to Hospital but there was no qualified Doctor there who was suitable to perform the operation so that later that day or the next day they had hoped that the operation would happen.
 To be honest I was completely taken aback and didn't even ask for her telephone number so that I could keep informed as to the state of his well being.
  What I will do if I hear nothing, next week I will take a ride over to Skegness and find out that way. Obviously I do have my Mate's telephone number but it seems to me that he will not be able to look after himself properly for a while even when he is allowed out of Hospital.
 To compound matters his Partner informed me that she was unable to drive as she was suffering from severe back problems and has been having treatment for about a year. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment