Wednesday 10 December 2014

Journey

This morning I went to see my mate who has been staying at his Partners since he had his fall. He certainly would have difficulty looking after himself.
 I had rung him up over the week end to see if it was possible to see him and he said that would be nice.
 I travelled with a very low sun in my eyes for most of the way but I managed to get there just before 9.30am.
 I didn't have time to knock on the door as it was opened by his Partner, hardly a word was spoken which I thought was immature, anyway I went into the sitting room and found him sat in the chair with a sort of sling on his arm to support him. I did ask his Partner if he was being a model patient and she told me no. With that she hurriedly left and went into another room.
 I found it far too cold in there for me but to be honest I like my place nice and warm. My mate seems to have his place too cool for me also so perhaps it is me that likes it nice and warm.
 He told me what he had to go through with regards to the NHS. He eventually finished up in Queen's Medical in Nottingham after first calling at the Cottage Hospital in Skegness, they sent him on to Boston which his Brother took him. After several delays with the operation he was operated on Wednesday and allowed home on Friday.
 His Partner dashed in once more, didn't say a word and dashed out again. I immediately though to myself if she had a bad back, she was doing brilliantly dashing around. I stayed for about 30 minutes, thanked her for allowing me to see him, mind you what she doesn't realise that I have helped her more than she would ever help me.
 Solar panels were fitted in her property several months ago. It was thanks to me and my insistence that her Partner  tell her that it was a great deal. We both had solar panels fitted when the price was high. I had noticed that the price had been reduced such a lot and a 4kw. system was about 50% cheaper than a 3.kw. system was when we had ours fitted.
 I must admit that when I informed him he told her that it was a good price and she would benefit substantially by having the system installed. Each time he came to visit me I kept asking him if she had done the deal and had solar panels fitted. He kept saying that he told her and it was up tom  her to have the system installed.
 Well eventually she decided to have the panels, of course my mate organised everything and to be honest, the difference in efficiency of the panels now to what they were when we had them fitted is substantially better.
 Once they were installed she insisted that nobody knew about it. Why I don't know?
 All I now know is that I will not bother to bother with helping her again as it is not worth it.
 I then went to Morrison's, a place that was strange to me, to be honest it was a lot larger than I expected but just like the one at Grantham, no herring was to be had, they had a small but well laid out fish stall with different varieties of fresh fish but unfortunately not what I needed. I didn't get so much but when I went to the check out I was surprised to see each till was manned and there was no queuing at all. When it came to getting out of the Supermarket it took me some time to find my way out of there. First I took the wrong turning and finished up in the restaurant area eventually turning around and eventually finding my way out.
 I don't think I will be calling at Morrison's very often. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment