Wednesday 24 December 2014

Christmas

I can remember this man saying to me when I was in business some 30 years ago. that as one got older the years seemed to fly by. He was approaching 70. Unfortunately he didn't make the three score and ten. I do believe though he was correct as this last year has flown by and I am well into my 70s.
 As for Christmas I always stay here and have it alone, this is for a few reasons, the main being that I am susceptible to ill health and it can be annoying. I also have to watch what I eat.
  This year though I am having a meal that I really should not have but hang it I am having it.
 I will have my usual breakfast of I think porridge, either that or cereals. For my main meal I have bought a duckling It was on offer at Lidl and cost £6.99p which was very good value. With the duckling I will have apple sauce which I have just made, sage and onion stuffing, I have cooked the onions ready to make early tomorrow morning. I will have boiled potatoes, and a variety of vegetables to choose from. Carrots, cabbage, sprouts, leek and from the freezer peas and broad beans.  I will probably have 3 other vegetables. I also bought some back bacon which I intend to cover the duckling so that the skin on the legs do not dry up. Perhaps a little on the breast also. I haven't had bacon for years so will look forward to having a taste of back bacon.
 For my sweet, yesterday I went to the Co-op and bought a Christmas pudding for £2 a 454gm or as I wish it a £1lb. I thought it was good value for money. I bought also 2x4pts. of skimmed milk, a few apples and a piece of ham to boil which I did yesterday. In fact I had boiled ham for my dinner today which was very nice. I have a raspberry roulade in my freezer but I don't think I will have that for tea Christmas Day, probably Boxing Day.
 I will probably have a lightish tea which will include boiled ham, probably as a salad.
 Wishing anyone who reads this A Happy Christmas. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Have a great Christmas! I have enjoyed your blog all year and look forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete