Wednesday 17 December 2014

Chore completed

I finally completed my painting. I saw the young man from next door about a week ago and he told me he would like to help me with my painting.
 I didn't tell him I had done most of the work but told him that he could come round on Saturday which he duly did.
 I didn't tell him before hand that I would cook him a dinner so when he arrived I told him what I intended to do and he asked me if I could ask his  carer if it was possible. I call her his carer but she looks after him at her home, she also has another woman with learning difficulties but she is not capable of doing anything much at all.
 Anyway all was settled and I told him that he could paint the hallway for a start while I was preparing dinner. I put a dust cover down, just as well because he managed to paddle some paint on the carpet but I managed to clean it all up.
 I showed him how to use the paint pad and then I started to get dinner ready. I had already in the over a joint of shoulder of pork I also added a few shallots. I then made some pastry so that I could use a few blueberries up that I had originally saved for my mate. I was going to make him a pie as a surprise for Christmas. However I made him a couple of small pies. I also asked him what vegetables he would like. He told me he was not bothered as he liked all vegetables so I did carrots,  sprouts and peas.
 I then went to see how he was getting on. Surprisingly well considering. I showed him a couple of things he had missed but all in all he had made a decent job.
 The next thing was the kitchen. I decided that I would be much quicker than him so I suggested that I do the painting while he moved al the things in my way. He did this willingly and I started to paint the walls. I guess that it only took about an hour to complete the kitchen and while I was cleaning the paint brush and pad etc. I asked him if he could clean the top of my cupboards. I later checked and he had made an excellent job of that.
 I put on the dinner and by the time we had cleaned and cleared up the meal was more or less ready.
 I gave him roast pork with apple sauce, the cooked shallots the boiled potatoes and vegetables. I also made him some gravy. It looked very nice but to be honest, the pork was nowhere near as good as the other ones I used to give my mate a meal. The crackling didn't crackle much, the pork was not good, too much fat but what was had was very nice.
 I finished my meal a couple of minutes before him so I made some custard.  By the time he had finished the custard was ready and the pies that I had cooked earlier were just about right for eating.
 I left him to eat it while I started to do the washing up. I must admit that he did finish his pudding a couple of minutes before I had done the pots and pans. What he did say was that when he got his own flat he would get a dishwasher. I told him that this was not necessary as he could wash up as he went along.
 I then made him a mug of coffee. He told me he had enjoyed his dinner a lot, much nicer that where he had been on holiday. He had been to Morocco. He told me that the food was not good, the weather was also not good and the water in the swimming pool was not really warm at all. He also had been sick. Mind you the hotel was given a thumbs up. He told me he had a room to himself that included a shower an toilet. Later his carer who went with the family told me that he was sick because he went to the sweet trolley too many times.
 Soon after his coffee I told him it was time to go home. I did walk round with him but they had gone shopping so we went back. I turned on the T.V and found a channel where they were showing the traffic Police in action. This he enjoyed very much. I went to check after 15 minutes to see if the car was back, each time after that as soon as there was a break for adverts he kept checking. Just before 4.00pm they were back and I saw him back home. He told me he had enjoyed it very much. Anyway now my home has now had my spring clean albeit in December.  More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment