Friday 13 November 2015

Cauliflower

My mate called yesterday and I sent him an e-mail asking if he could bring a cauliflower at a reasonable price because when I went to buy a cauliflower at my usual place they had none.
 True to form he bought a lovely looking cauliflower, large too, he also bought back my watch which he had picked up originally from Argos , the metal strap being too large and he had tried to adjust it but didn't have the tools to do the job.
 Well he bought it back, I don't know what he thinks but the first thing was I couldn't  open the box that it was in, he mentioned that I had trouble opening it before, next came the watch. I couldn't open the strap to see if it had been adjusted right. He had to also show me that. I'm definitely getting a little senile I am sure of it. The strap though had been adjusted perfectly.
 That was the limit of our successes for I had mentioned to him that my videos were showing about 1/3 of the screen size. I had informed him that prior to getting Windows 10 the picture used to fill the screen. I am not a film buff but as I said to him there was no way that one could watch a film with that size of picture.
 He spent about 2 hours trying to figure what was wrong. He tried to get into Windows Media Player but couldn't but what it showed was the videos there but when he tried to play them it said something like it couldn't play them because they were a different format. With Real Payer Real Times it played them alright but only with a small screen size so he went online and downloaded the latest version but to no avail.
 To be honest had I known what problems I would have I would never install Windows 10. It seems as if it doesn't support anything but Windows 10 and Windows 8 was the last one before10.
  The upshot was that we had dinner a little later than usual and the crackling on the leg of pork was a little too crispy. Still he enjoyed it also the cauliflower which was very nice.
 Out of respect for he knows who I will not post the latest photo of the meal.
 Incidentally since he has tried several things the computer is going slower than ever. I couldn't access my mail for it kept informing me that  I  was timed out. This morning is a little better but still very very slow. Heaven alone knows what he would think about it as he was fed up with the slow speed of my Internet. Let us hope it will gradually improve to my usual 1.9 megabits maximum. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment