Monday 2 November 2015

Leaves and more leaves

On Friday and Saturday the windy weather meant that I was picking up many leaves and soon found that I had collected a bin liner full.
  Sunday turned out to be a very warm day for the beginning of November so I decided to dig a trench where I have my runner beans and place the leaves  in and cover them up. Sounded easy but I am getting old and found it very hard to complete the task. eventually I made it but it makes me wonder if I will be able to do the same work next year.
 I ate the last runner beans on the last day of October, not bad since I started to eat them in late June. Now I have a few leeks, my carrots and some cabbage so this means I will be buying some vegetables during the late winter into Spring, this is normal for me as I don't freeze my vegetables, well only broad beans as the other vegetables don't freeze well.
 By the looks of it, I will be picking the odd tomato for another 2 or 3 weeks. Will be well satisfied if this is so.
 Like a fool, I bought another Victoria plum tree and another gooseberry bush, recent years have not been productive with the gooseberries.
 Today has been different again to yesterday very foggy and a lot cooler. I had my first delivery of the winter of LPG. The local supplier has been taken over by Calor, I don't suppose that the price will fall even if all other fuels have dropped in price. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment