Thursday 29 October 2015

Visitors

The last couple of days I had visitors and to be honest I was too tired to write on my blog.
 prior to that the young man from next door told me a few days earlier that he was busy for the next week, including going to see his Mother who was on holiday in Mablethorpe and that was on Tuesday. With that news I decided to get on with the work in the garden. I managed to take the top completely off the fruit cage, I took up the runner beans leaving just one on so that the seeds would ripen. I took the broad beans and peas out of the polytunnel. tidied up in there and in general had a good clean up.
 These last few days have been taken up, when not entertaining my friends, collecting the fallen leaves from the trees. I now have a bin bag almost full to the top and expect to pick up some more.
 The other day I went online and ordered a gooseberry bush and a Victoria plum tree. They arrived this lunchtime and after eating I planted them. I had dug the holes a couple of days earlier so the preparation had been done.
This is I am certain the last cucumber from the plant my mate gave me, it actually was 16.5" long. Funnily enough I am not too fond of cucumbers and have the occasional one in the summer months. I never buy a cucumber. The neighbours have the benefit of  the produce but I still like growing them all the same.                    
Recently the weather, although being mild has taken a turn for we have had plenty of rain lately. I suppose we must be grateful that it isn't the white stuff. Roll on Spring next year. More soon.             

No comments:

Post a Comment