Wednesday 7 October 2015

Don't hol your breath


Well at least with the help, well with all of his expertise of my mate we have managed to post some pictures.
 The first shows a few cooking apples Bramley in fact and I am pleased with how they turned out and hopefully they will keep until the Spring next year. Of course I will keep all informed.
 The next two show just how my next door neighbour has done with the fences, incidentally he has made the panels himself. The young lad from next door is impressed as it makes us more private.
 The last photo shows some of my hazel nuts which I gathered from mt tree. They don't keep that long but as young Tim loves them, they won't last that long.
 This morning I went to collect my domestic waste bin and noticed that there had been a small spillage so a little later I went to swill and clean the bin. I heard a call and it was from the lad next door he asked if I would help him and I did help him for about 20 minutes then went back to wait for my mate.
 It was nice to see him but we had a sort of mediocre day with very little progress being made. He wasn't happy with the pictures situation but we found out what to do when I suggested we go to google and ask. There we found someone else had the same trouble we had and informed us that we must use google chrome.
 It is not straight forward as I have to use my SD card  and copy and paste. Whether I remember all I have to do, only time will tell.
 Incidentally I presume it will not be too long before he is here again as we forgot to make sure he took a marrow back, I also had the dripping ready too, still I put the marrow in the garage for him.
 Soon after he left the lad from next door came to see me, we immediately went to the polytunnel and picked a ripe strawberry, it looked really nice. I wish now I had taken a photo of it. Tim also picked quite a few alpine strawberries which he soon devoured. Off then we went to look at his runner beans which are doing far better than mine but the recent rain has given me some hope that I may get a few more meals off them. Off we went into the greenhouse where I picked a few plum tomatoes for him then to the fruit cage to look at his runner beans and then I told him to check the blackberries which he said were juicy, I found him a few raspberries which he said went down well.
 I took him to show what I had done and how large the bonfire would be. Then back inside. I asked him if he would like a few hazel nuts, sill of me really as he never says no. Anyway I cracked him about 2 dozen nuts which he peeled and put them in a bag. I gave him a few eating apples which he told me would go into his lunch box tomorrow. I also put his plum tomatoes in a bag and off he went home saying he would call tomorrow to get more runner beans If all goes well he will get enough beans with what has already been picked to have a meal for them at the week end. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment