Tuesday 20 October 2015

I.m losing it

I was well pleased with what I picked out of the greenhouse the other day. The cucumber is well over 15" long and I do have another large one on the plant. The tomatoes are not what I can call as in I guess April I went to the local Supermarket and they had, on offer a vine tomato which came from Holland. It was my late Mother who told me years ago that tomatoes from Holland early in the year were better than any other tomato. This I found to be true. Anyway I ate the first one which was very tasty so I decided to save a couple of seeds. These I planted in May and although they were well behind my own tomatoes one plant in particular looked good.
 As you can see, the tomatoes are a little larger than gardener's Delight and just about as sweet. I must say the other plant hasn't produced much. I guess they were set just a little late.
 Now to me, I don't know if I mentioned it but a couple of weeks ago after having my regular blood test I went to the local Newsagents to pick up my weekly T.V. paper. I was about to leave when someone called out my name. It was an old colleague who I met playing golf. In fact I was drawn with him the first competition I entered. We always got on well together, we both being more or less the same age, incidentally he had been a member of the Golf Club for well over 40 years. We got talking about the old times and he told me that he has tried to play but he couldn't swing. I knew he was not 100% as I had seen him at the Hospital while I was queuing up to make a further appointment in the Outpatients department. I felt someone touch my hand and it was him. Although he was not there for himself, he had bought someone for an appointment he told me that his condition was not good and there was nothing they could do for him and pointed to his groin. I surmised that he had prostate cancer area.
 He did tell me that he had been given some good news from his Consultant as he was informed his condition had not progressed. I told him this was great news.
 He then gave me the latest news including some old golfers passing away. He was explaining that he used to see my old golfing partner who I played competitions with, only because my best Pal didn't want to play. Anyway he told me that he used to see him playing with his mate but since his mate had gone he hadn't seen him lately. I, like an idiot asked him where his mate had gone to? He replied he had died about 5 months ago. He then went on to say he had just birdied the 10th. He carried on saying that he had just got his ball out of the bunker and as he tried to get out staggered and collapsed. He told me the paramedics could do nothing for him. I suggested it was a heart attack but he told me it was a like a stroke.
  I did tell him that it was a nice way to go, playing the game he loved and no lingering pain at all.
 I wonder what he thought when I asked him where he had gone to?
 Now to my mate, we were talking over the phone when he told me he had been to Aldi in Boston, Lidl in Skegness is closed for enlargement. He told me ha had bought some bread flour as Morrison's in Skegness had Allinson's strong flour but it was expensive. He then said that Morrison'shad dropped their own flour. Once more like a fool I asked him what they had dropped it to? He then remarked that they had discontinued the line.
 Soon after finishing the conversation I sat down and howled with laughter just thinking what folks would make of my simple thoughts and remarks. Nothing I can do about it I suppose. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment