Tuesday 6 October 2015

Pigeon compost

Friday afternoon the door bell rang, it was the young Man from next door letting me know that he was home once more. He told me that he enjoyed his holiday and that he had his own bedroom with plenty of coffee as the room service kept him topped up.
 Saturday he came round with a couple of barrow loads of pigeon manure. I showed him where to put it whilst I get the raised beds emptied of what produce is left. Once it is clear I will sprinkle it and dig it in. Leaving it to winter so that next year hopefully it will be well rotted.
 On Sunday, I wondered if the lad would call but he didn't. I had not waited just in case he came but went out and with the weather being so dry for a couple of weeks I decided to take the netting off the fruit trees. The size is considerable I guess 40feet long and about 9 feet wide but with it being nice and dry it was not as difficult as I had expected.
 I did pick most of the eating apples off the Sunset tree and gave the Guy next door about 50 apples, although a little small they are tasty. I picked the remainder of the cooking apples where I put some in the fridge and the remainder in the garage with all the other eating apples. I have at least 200 eating apples, mind you a lot will not keep until March next year but at least they look much healthier than the ones last year, none of which kept.
 Tomorrow my Mate will be here, let us hope that he can sort out Windows10 for me. The main thing is getting my photos from my camera to my computer then from my computer to my blog.
 Tomorrow is once again forecast to be wet so he will have plenty of time to play on the computer, not that I have any jobs for him to do. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment