Wednesday 30 September 2015

No photos

Yesterday I picked up a few more eating apples and noticed that the odd Bramley had fallen so I decided to pick a few up. Some were quite large although not as many as in years gone by but at least they seem to be healthy, certainly much better than in previous years.
 My Best Pal rung up this morning saying he would call if convenient so off I went once more to pick a few more eating apples for the two of them. I don't know if I mentioned this but his Daughter bred a lavender and last winter with the weather being so wet, all of their plants died. Luckily enough I had a couple that had just survived but to be honest they looked very poor. I managed to get a few cuttings off them and sow them and I honestly think some will survive.
 Oh dear, I have just has a short power cut which turned off everything, what makes it worse is that I was writing this blog. It took quite a while for it to go back to my original page. The Television was also affected and it takes about 5 minutes for it to work again.
 I gave my Pal a few Bramley apples with the eating apples plus some Scabious plants which the bees and goldfinch love.
 My next door neighbour has done another fence panel making it 5 in all and to be candid, they look very nice. I am sure that it will be sufficient for now.
 The young Man from next door is on holiday at the South East coast so has missed my Pal. He has asked me several times when he would be calling. When I eventually told him that it would probably be the end of September, he seemed to be a little disappointed but I did tell him that he would probably be here again in October. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment