Friday 18 September 2015

Fruit & Veg

 
  

Yesterday morning I went into the garden after heavy overnight rain and strong winds. Much to my surprise I noticed quite a number of apples had fallen off my Sunset eating apple tree so I thought I would see if they were ripe enough to pick. You do this by lifting the apple upwards against the way they hang and if they come off in your hand then they are ready. This happened to be so. I then decided to get a bucket and start to pick some apples. The photos show how many I picked and how many are still on the tree. I must admit though that they are a little on the small side but after the last 2 years I am happy. I did manage to pick over 200 apples. I then went into the garage and put them on racks to hopefully store them for later in the winter. I didn't realise just how tired I felt and was too tired to write on my
 blog so today I have made a big effort to rectify that.                                 
With the weather turning cooler, incidentally yesterday morning was very cool, I decided to check on my marrow and courgettes. I do have 1 marrow on my plant but have managed 2 courgettes, this one is by far the best. The colour is what I would expect, the other courgette is more of a yellow plant, one would expect the looks to think that they were old. This marrow, for that is what I will call it weighed just 5lb. most welcome indeed.
I showed the young man his photo which I posted on my blog, he was impressed and said it was a very good photo. A lot of luck in my case.
 I am still getting a few runner beans but I think it will be an early Autumn this year.  More soon                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment