Monday 7 September 2015

Chain saw

The other day I looked out of my window and noticed that some more of the hedge at the rear of the garden had been cot down. I had asked my neighbour who had a chain saw if he could cut a couple of thick branches down for me. Not only did he cut them down he also cut a few more down. Unfortunately the neighbour the other side complained so we decided to stop.
 The next morning the neighbours Son came to complain but after we discussed it for a while he left reasonably happy but requested that I do not have any more branches removed. I did remind him that he was now responsible for the upkeep of the ditch which I think is called a watercourse on the title deeds.
 This morning I saw the neighbour who started it all, I just bid him good morning. He was different again and when I explained all he told me that he had sorted it all with his Son and that all was fine. I did inform him that as I had originally planted the Hawthorn trees as small saplings, I felt somewhat responsible for any blockage that may occur because of the amount of falling leaves in the Autumn. I did tell him though that nobody but I had done anything to keep the ditch clear, it was now up to them to make sure that it was kept free. He agreed with me and we parted as we usually do with a friendly retort to each other.
 
These 2 photos show the difference between what was done before the chain saw activity and after. He also wants to cut some of his trees down but informs me that until he has a bonfire he will not have sufficient room to put the branches on top of the huge pile ready to burn. More soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment