Thursday 24 September 2015

I was right

I saw the lad from next door yesterday and he confirmed that I would not be looking after the chickens next week. Incidentally the Lady of the home who is the carer called to give me some fresh yeast and she confirmed that her Son would be staying there while they were away on holiday.
 Yesterday morning the doorbell rang, I went to open the interior door when I noticed a vehicle on my drive. I was a little surprised as I have my gates closed but I went to the main front door and was pleasantly surprised to see Calor's Service Engineer Lee waiting to come in and service my Central Heating boiler. I told him he was lucky to catch me in because Calor had not given me a date of when the engineer would be calling. I told him what had happened and I also requested a free installation of a Carbon Monoxide alarm. Anyway I didn't have to move much and he is so nice and obliging and he got on with his work.
 He had asked me originally to inform the receptionist to instruct the engineer to bring with him a full Worcester service kit. I reminded him about it but he then told me he had been to Worcester on an update course and it wasn't necessary until the pressure on something dropped. He checked mine and it was fine. He did tell me that the 2 most popular installations were Glow Worm and Worcester, Glow Worm being a little cheaper so more popular, however he told me that they had increased the price so that there was next to no difference in costs and he recommends Worcester. He then told me why he did this, it was because he had NEVER had a Worcester boiler fail so far and had never had to go to repair one but he had to go a few times to Glow Worm. I asked him if he had a C.O. alarm and he told me he had. When he finished the service he went to his van and told me that I had the last one it is a good make Honeywell. He then told me where it should be fitted so I just told him to fit it where he liked. It looks perfect and it was free, mind you the service costs are enough. It took him about 90 minutes to complete his work. He had a call and I suggested that it would be another call out, he concurred and told me it was a long way away. He said he had to go to Grantham next. I just said it was 60 miles, well to be precise 58. He then entered it on his hand held and showed me it said 58.1 miles. He was impressed.
 Finally for now, I am beginning to download Windows 10 with the knowledge that my mate will be calling in the not too distant future so if all is not good he will probably uninstall it for me. more soon.
Latest. 7% of Windows 10 downloaded.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Windows 10 works well for you. I have not been very happy with it, but then I'm an old stick in the mud and don't enjoy change.

    ReplyDelete