Tuesday 22 September 2015

Marrow

 
Yesterday I had to go to the Dentist for my 6 monthly check, all was satisfactory but I did notice that the price had increased a little. I was a little early and sat next to an old guy and I just said good morning to him. After about 3 minutes he told me he was 74 and always had butterflies in his stomach when he came to a dentist. I started to tell him that this place was great when I was called in. By the time I left it was just about time for my appointment so I can't knock the system there.
 It turned out to be a dull rain at times day so I didn't do a lot but the young man from next door came and asked me if I would go round for a drink. So off we went but he told me that I would have to take my shoes off as she had just had a solid oak floor laid.
 I stayed for an hour or so and when the other 2 came in it was not good for me. They had for about a week or more an additional guy who was not great. All he wanted to do was watch the washing machine working. He would stand there for ages. Young Tim tried to show mw more of his Farm Simulator but with those 2 extra people around it was hard going. Eventually I made my excuses and before I left asked if they would like a little salad gear, with the answer being positive I reminded Tim to come round today to help me pick the produce. He did tell me something though, I may have lost my chicken duty as her Son, according to Tim will look after the chickens while they are away on holiday. My guess is that she will ask him to sleep there because she thought there was an intruder a couple of weeks ago and the Police were called. Anyway we will wait and see.
 This morning turned out to be sunny so I went and checked my produce, to my surprise I noticed the marrow which is pictured. I was so disappointed with the germination of the marrow and courgette plants that I had given up on having a marrow at all. This turned out to be a beauty, weighing in at almost 7 lb.
 The other photo is of the hedge which has been substantially reduced in size. Originally it was not to be but the guy had informed me as to what was happening and his plan was to dig down so far so that he could then fit the kick boards and cement in concrete post and then slide fence panels in. However when he tried to dig down deep enough he hit the roots of the shrubs so told me that he would have to remove them. together we reduced the size of the shrubs down to a size where he hopes his Step-Son will dig out the roots. He did tell me that after today he would not be doing anymore work until Monday next week at the earliest. I did tell him that it wouldn't bother me at all. To be honest I will be happy to see the back of the shrubs as I have to keep trimming them my side for they don't just grow one side. He did say that eventually he will get the complete side done. Heaven knows when that will be. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment