Tuesday 15 September 2015

Not a lot

 
The first photo shows the young man with his onion, also in his right hand is a cucumber which I gave to the Postman today, more on that in a minute.
 The second photo is of a cucumber which my mate must have all the credit due to him as he did save the seeds from a cucumber I gave him last year. Although they were a decent size, nothing like the ones that have been produced this year. My mate had one 20" long and the one photographed is around 18" long. I think we were both surprised at the size and length of these cucumbers.
 Now more about the cucumber I gave to the Postman.
 I saw him going to deliver mail to next door so I went to my fridge and got out the cucumber that had been there. I thought I would let him have it to see if he liked the taste as he had asked me if my mate would give him a plant next year. While we were talking a small van pulled up and this middle aged gentleman got out and asked the Postman where he could get something to which the Postman told him he had passed the place where he should have turned off. Now what happened next is something I didn't hear or notice. All of a sudden the van man let out an expletive and I saw him pick something up from the roadside. He then said. "Look at that lorry, he has just knocked off my wing mirror". The Postman told him that he thought he had heard a noise and suggested that he go after the lorry and confront the driver. If anyone had asked me what had happened I could not help them at all. I may has well been blind and deaf as I didn't even notice what sort of vehicle knocked off his wing mirror to be  honest I didn't notice any vehicle and as for the noise I heard nothing.
 Finally as we parted the Postman said to me that we had saw and heard nothing at all. Perfectly true in my case.
 I wonder whether I'm going a little senile? I definitely live in a world of my own.
 Finally for now, the weather lately has been dull, wet, windy and cool. Not good for my runner beans, but I must not grumble as they have served me well, they did produce enough for me to make some runner bean chutney the other day which I gave a jar to the young man and his carer. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment