Tuesday 10 November 2015

Gales

The other day the young man from next door came to see this picture of my mates dinner plate. He couldn't believe just how much was on his plate. I must admit that both him and me don't eat a large meal. In fact I have never eaten a large meal
. I honestly think I am in a minority.
 I will tell a tale now. I worked on the railway and NEVER had Christmas Day off. The first year my Parents had a turkey and reluctantly let my Brother-in-Law do the carving. After he gave everyone all they required, he then asked if anyone would like any more and when all said they had enough, he then took the remainder of the carcass and proceeded to demolish it all. I think it was about a 10lb.  From then on the Christmas Day dinner was put on hold until I came home to carve. Well that is the picture. My mate thoroughly enjoyed the meal.


These photos are just to show how many leaves have fallen on my garden from next door's tree. As you can see the majority have now fallen but it is a bit of a disappointment that the wind seems to blow from the south west whenever the leaves are ready to fall. With my orchard being gravelled it is not easy to rake up the leaves. I suppose I should get one of those modern leave blowers. I heard a noise as I was taking some recyclable material and as I was wondering what it was I saw the lady blowing some leaves then sucking others. The big trouble with me should I think of purchasing one is the length of cable. I must be well over 25 yards from the nearest point to the front edge of my orchard. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. The plate of food looks wonderful! Now I am so hungry must make dinner Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete